Monday, July 9, 2012

Africa...6 DAYS!!!

Oh my goodness! I leave for AFRICA in less than a week!!!! This Saturday I will fly out of Minnesota and then I will leave with our team on Sunday for AFRICA!! I have just a few days left at home and I feel like I still have quite a bit to do until I leave! ...Finish packing...finish my summer class...and help as much as I can with all of Shelby's last month wedding details....as well as try and get some of our wedding details set. Goodness, goodness! So much to do but SO thankful for all of these BLESSINGS I have in my life!!!! 

My team leader for this trip to Africa is the same team leader I had last summer when Shelby and I went.  Her name is Diana and I am so excited to be able to be back in Africa with her! Her daughter Liz went last summer as well and I am super excited to see her again too!!! This trip to Africa is such a unique trip and I can just feel that it's going to be POWERFUL! And what is really exciting is that Diana's whole family will be coming over to Africa this time!! 



....Diana's husband, Bret, and Liz are actually in Africa RIGHT NOW!  They went two weeks early to start planning and figuring out the details of the playground at Fiwagoh. So although most of our team hasn't physically left yet--in a sense it feels like our trip has already started because those two are over there and are starting the process!! They made it over safely and have been at Fiwagoh working hard and loving on all of the kids there.  Here are some pictures of their work...








Diana shared this video and I thought it was powerful.  Some people wonder why I go and serve the many orphans in Africa...while others are 110% supportive. Regardless of how you feel, I want to encourage you to watch this video.  This is such a great description of how an orphan feels and WHY it is IMPORTANT to live out James 1:27 and to VISIT them. A short term mission trip IS important....it DOES make a difference and it will make a positive impact on the children we love and meet. 


...I'm so thankful God has given me this desire to serve His children and to have a HEART for the ORPHAN. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment